1. Get tested at the place of your permanent residence – we recommend getting tested before you arrive at the resort to avoid unnecessary complications and to be able to check in at your accommodation establishment or to go skiing once you come. In addition, if you are tested positive, you can solve the situation at home right away.
2. Staying at mountain hotels – based on regulations of Slovak authorities, every client must present a negative result certificate of a COVID-19 test taken less than 72 hours before when checking in at an accommodation establishment. This does not apply to kids up to 10 years. If you stay at any of TMR hotels in Jasná or in the High Tatras for a longer period, you can get tested at a TMR testing facility for free as a preferred client. Mountain hotels offer food and drinks in the form of room service or take away these days, hotel wellness centres are closed.
3. Skiing – several rules and precautions have been introduced in ski resorts. Negative results of COVID-19 tests are checked at ticket offices (does not apply to kids up to 10 years) and randomly also in cableway boarding zones. In order to guarantee safe distances for clients who board cableways, special waiting lines have been created. All passengers must cover their mouths and noses during the transport and only 1 passenger or members of the same household can travel together in 1 cable car.
4. Après-ski – discos, night clubs and bars are closed at the moment.
5. Services in ski resorts – client centres, ski rentals are available in ski resorts, ski schools offer only individual lessons. Refreshment is served only through take-out windows on ski pistes.
6. Ski buses – face masks/mouth and nose coverings are obligatory when travelling with a ski bus, please respect all marked distance restrictions while waiting for a bus or while using it.
7. Safe winter adventures – buy your ski pass in advance (online on gopass.travel in advance is the best option), don’t forget to take your negative COVID-19 test result certificate, wear a face mask/cover your mouth and nose, keep a safe distance when boarding cableways, disinfect your hands.
WHAT TO DO:
So how to enjoy skiing in Jasná or in the High Tatras in today’s situation?
1. Book a holiday at a better price in the TMR hotels network via gopass.travel – there are great deals with ski passes included or book a hotel and use the advance sale to buy cheaper ski passes extra.
2. Get tested at the place of your residence before you set out for your journey.
3. Once you arrive at the ski resort, check in at your hotel and feel free to enjoy skiing. While doing so, have your negative test certificate always with you.
4. On the last day of the validity period of your RT-PCR or antigen test, your hotel reception will book a free antigen test for you at the respective TMR testing site in the resort. If you stay longer, you will get tested again three days later.
5. Antigen testing at TMR testing sites in Jasná and the High Tatras is available also for hotel guests staying outside of the TMR hotels network, however, at a surcharge of €10/person. The testing sites are opened every day except 24th December.